Thursday, June 21, 2012

Breathing again

..I've been away from this for far too long. I miss the touch of a warm cup of tea, heart-rending music in the background, looking out the door or window to see a contrast of dull gray sky and green leaves, knowing that life is happening but I can take the time out to feel the gentle clicking of my laptop keys as I type away...

What happened to my life? When did I let it get so hectic that I can't 'feel' enough to write. You know, for me to write (and I'm sure it's the same for most people), I need some quiet in my heart...I need to let the gentleness of life cascade, envelop, reign my heart... I need life to case my heart in a delicate pattern of silence. 

I used to find at least moments where I could enjoy the cool water on my skin as I take a shower after the gym. Perhaps even curl up in our lazyboy with a cup of tea and let the monsoon breeze wash over my face. I remember hanging out with my dog...just watching him sleep would fill my heart with a thankful silence. I could 'feel' the poetry of life happen in my soul.

Somehow, I got caught up in the noise of a new degree, a new job, a new life, a new home, a new adventure...I starting living life. I know that's good - life is, after all, for the living. I guess at the speed that life was happening - maybe I wasn't letting it happen, it was just happening on its own. I never got the chance to reflect, sigh, murmur, smile or even hum.

After over a year, I took a very deep breath today and gently sighed it out.

No comments: