Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Losing centers

We spent so much time building a center for us...we forgot the subtle shifts in our individual centers. Now we are peeling away like old paint on new walls. We have the purpose but no path. We have the soul with no heart. Lately I walk around feeling hollow because we committed a grave mistake and can't take it back. We are now entwined, too invested with too much at stake to step out of the quicksand. How did we get to a point to looking like mutants of our original self? How could we forget that an 'us' cannot exist without you and I? I am so far away from me that sometimes I feel like I wasted my time. I'm filled with the horror because I cannot access the companionship I thrived upon when with you. The bridge is burned, the pathway gone. 

No comments: