Tuesday, June 07, 2011

with every snore
he cuts
deeper into my
bleeding
shadow

---

so
my punishment
is living
within
the life
i created

---

it is
a disquieting
feeling
when you realise
the reason for
all your sorrow
are the choices
you fought for
that you're
now
stuck with

---

"i bare my heart
he casts a sleepy eye,
i choke behind tears
he looks at his mobile phone,
i say i lost 10% of my soul
he gets ready for bed,
i apologise for my behaviour
he falls asleep"

opposites
don't
attract.

---

justice
is a lie
that your stupid
heart
convinces your
brain into
believing

---

my life
is simple:
LED light,
laptop,
a book,
unhappiness,
and
his snores
echoing
in my
empty heart

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write all of this? It is so good! yet so very saddening...

Non-Sensei said...

Some of those were such startling reflections of my own thoughts. Incredible.
Congratulations, Doctor :)

Adrian Neibauer said...

Sometimes poems that shock people as being so sad and depressing are the best written. Yes, these are sad, but honestly, they are a good window into your psyche when alone in front of your LED light and laptop.

I love the line:

"justice
is a lie
that your stupid
heart
convinces your
brain into
believing"

The line breaks emphasize the feeling. Well done!

I have missed your poetry. Now that I am back and reading/writing, I will be visiting again. Keep up the good work!

http://undiscoveredpoems.blogspot.com

:..M..: said...

Gosh, thanks alot of these comments :) Yes, these are my writings..usually derived from a rather over-dramatised interpretation of real life situations :))

Non-Sensei: Long time! Hope you're well, and congrats!