Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Interior monologue.

He’s backing me into a corner. I’m having no choice but lash out lest I get my personality shredded to pieces. Did I ask him to be this start-up entrepreneur? His work-life choices are unsustainable. His ego came in the way of us settling overseas. His ego has come in the way of us settling here. Now he wants to uproot the entire family and go after what will definitely deflate his sense of purpose. Here are my fears and worries about what we are looking forward to if we move:

We will split up: Whether he is a start-up entrepreneur or a regular employee, he will be unhappy. I am getting a sense that he is a largely unhappy person who has a creative mask of jolliness. He has so many fears, phobias, worries, anxieties which limit him tremendously. He has the power to affect the people surrounding him with whatever strong emotion he feels at that time. He has been undermining me, treating me like shit all under the garb of “finally speaking up”. What nonsense. He is using it as a tool to be a tool. We will get into more and more arguments unless I completely back down and away, unless I completely submit to him, unless I completely remove myself from his path. So then what’s the point of me? It’s funny how he accused me of selfishness, when in reality it is he who is selfish.

We will not be any happier overseas than here: Every place has its problems. We would have been happier overseas if that’s where we went at the outset. Now we’re so set in our interpersonal patterns that no amount of Western culture will bring relief to our problems. You think a home theatre with comfortable chairs is the reason we don’t get along? We are not happy because we are not the right fit and yet we are the perfect fit for each other. I don’t think a large car and comfortable sofas makes the cut. But let’s see. I never said no to an adventure.